Translate

Saturday 7 November 2009

Teaching Unions more totalitarian and terrifying than the BNP?

A schoolfriend who finished teacher training college decided she didn't want to teach the poisonous crap she was taught to innocent children.

I well remember meeting an ex-teacher in a North Wales B&B who was having a rest cure after how her colleagues had victimised her for daring to think she could persuade them by rational argument and demonstration that traditional teaching methods were better than child-centred "progressive" methods.

A member of the NASUWT is terrified of having his identity discovered because it would never do if he became known for saying that corporal punishment might be a solution to classroom discipline.

Another is so terrified of guilt by association with someone who could be a BNP sympathiser, as he believes me to be, that he cannot debate or be seen to lose all his debates with me. (He was the one who also admitted to me that the NUT reject everything the government says out of hand. The NASUWT at least pretend to examine government proposals before rejecting them.)

I have had dealings with two members of the teaching profession who told me that my questioning of their teaching methods or any aspect of education policy was "offensive". They clearly thought this would be sufficient to end all discussion of the matter once and for all. (Weaker souls would have quailed, of course, but I am not one of those weaker souls.)

I find the terror that the teaching unions exert more vile and more toxic than anything the BNP are accused of being.

Well, they may just bribe me to go home as they say, or just make me go, like Idi Amin did to the Asians, or even have plans of turning me into soap or lampshade, but, for me, the terror these hysterical alarmists claim that non-whites would suffer at the hands of the BNP, is less immediate than the horrors of censorship, intimidation and threats that many white people (both working and middle class) are already currently subject to under the current government.

I prefer the blunt honesty of people telling me to go because I am not wanted than the "we will protect you only if you undertake never to disagree with us and our policies" method of political patronage the Left offer to non-whites. The latter is infinitely more sinister.

I know an active and quite well-known campaigner for traditional educational methods who is too frightened to say that single motherhood, and the kind of children they produce, and the kind of children state schools receive from these unmarried single mums, has a bearing on ever-lowering standards of discipline and ever lowering standards of education.

Where I come from, you are allowed to say these things with impunity, especially if they are incontrovertibly true. I only want the same rights for the British (of all races) with whom I have thrown in my lot.

No comments:

Why God revealed the Torah to Jews of all people

https://t.co/a7RYQBZWpC — Real Vincent Bruno (@RealVinBruno) April 18, 2024 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organized_religion   9:00  Ahmadiy...