Translate

Friday 12 February 2010

Arguing over Allah

Muslims in Malaysia are objecting to a Catholic publication in Malay referring to the Muslim God as "Allah" (Al = The, Lah -= God). You would have thought they would be pleased. They say only Muslims can refer to their God as "Allah". By this logic it would mean that atheists cannot refer to the Christian God as "God"? Ridiculous!

I am FUMING that a Malay and Muslim schoolfriend has not only defriended me on Facebook, but has asked her friends and family to do so too.

She has also deleted me from the Facebook group consisting of former classmates, which she runs.

She is the daughter of a Sultan and claims that I have insulted Malays and Muslims. This is outrageous as it was she who asked my opinion in the first place. I also deny that it was my intention to insult Muslims or Malays or that anything I have said could reasonably be interpreted to be insulting, unless it is an offence in itself to disagree with her and that she speaks for all Muslims and Malays??


http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1952497,00.html

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/index.php/opinion/breaking-views/48629-allah-cant-be-substituted-with-tuhan-in-bible-translation--dr-ng-kam-weng

No comments:

Vincent Bruno is dismayed to be told that theocracy is necessary to make white people marry again

https://t.co/k5DOSS5dv4 — Real Vincent Bruno (@RealVinBruno) March 27, 2024 10:00  Gender relations 12:00  Anthony Trollope 14:00  Being bot...