Translate

Sunday 30 May 2010

"Homophobic" means saying anything that might offend homosexuals?

Iain Daile said on Facebook today:

http://iaindale.blogspot.com/2010/05/ben-bradshaw-hang-your-head-in-shame.html

Claire Khaw
Anyway, what is wrong with keeping one's options open? David Laws could be thinking: "I might be prepared to bat for a different side if I finally meet a member of the opposite sex whose company I feel reasonably confident of being able to enjoy long term."

I am afraid even now I entertain hopes of a certain Lord of the Labour Party in my unrequited love for him ...


Jill Garrow
Ben Bradshaw really needs to refrain from making bitchy comments about fellow gay men - it makes him look so nasty. I remember, not that long ago, he had a spat with Conservative gay MP Alan Duncan - and came off worst.

Claire Khaw
Gay men are vile to their own kind. Being gay, old, ugly and poor is much much worse than being straight, old, ugly and poor. I have seen the way they treat each other when they don't fancy each other.

Iain Dale
Ok, Claire Khaw. You have tried my patience once too often. You can take your BNP homophobic views elsewhere. You're not welcome here any longer.

Claire Khaw
Saying something that is offensive to a homosexual does not necessarily mean I am homophobic. Since I am expressing deep and intense regret at the sacking of David Laws as well as a deep and abiding admiration for Peter Mandelson, I don't quite see how what I am saying suggests that I hate homosexuals.

I would have thought what I have said displays a knowledge and experience of what being gay is like, which means that I actually have gay friends and know the kind of lives they live.


And then I was defriended.

No comments:

Vincent Bruno is dismayed to be told that theocracy is necessary to make white people marry again

https://t.co/k5DOSS5dv4 — Real Vincent Bruno (@RealVinBruno) March 27, 2024 10:00  Gender relations 12:00  Anthony Trollope 14:00  Being bot...