Translate

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Sarah Wollaston MP complains about how legislation is passed in this country. Will she actually do anything about it though?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/feb/10/creeping-patronage-house-commons-mps-whips 
 THIS IS THE SHIT BRITISH WAY of how legislation is how legislation is passed in this country, but no one gives a FLYING FUCK though they may occasionally whinge about it in this civilised way on the Toady Programme.   
And then we wonder why things go wrong.

And when you propose changes they look all ruffled and say, "Oh, but this is the shit British way and that's how things must be done: in a SHIT BRITISH WAY."

I bet Sarah Wollaston is NOT supporting Peter Bone's House of Commons Disqualification Bill, but I'll check though, by emailing her and seeing if I get any sort of a response.  
 
0836
The AV Bill is back in the Commons today and politicians will be whipped on how they are voting. But is whipping really the best way of making law and scrutinising government? Sarah Wollaston, Tory MP for Totnes and Lord Renton, Margaret Thatcher's last chief whip, discuss if MPs should keep silent and vote with the government rather than bringing their own expertise and voice to the table. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9397000/9397707.stm

 I phoned the House at 3.40 pm when I was told by the person answering the call that "she didn't have a line on this" and was told to email my query.  As I have already done so this morning,



Dear Ms Wollaston



Peter Bone's House of Commons Disqualification Bill

May I know if you are supporting this Bill in view of what you said this morning on the Today Programme when you were interviewed with Lord Renton?

I hope you will not let that wily old fox bamboozle you. 

Yours sincerely

Claire Khaw


I will simply await a response.  I should have addressed her as "Dr Wollaston", I have just realised.


I have written to her again today 11 March 2011.

Dear Dr Wollaston
Peter Bone's House of Commons Disqualification Bill
Your silence indicates that you do not support the Bill, or that you have not yet made up your mind, or that you are taking advice, or that you do not have the courage of your convictions, or that you think I will go away if you ignore me for long enough.  
Perhaps you will let me know which it is.
Yours sincerely
Claire Khaw
Here is the response I have just received:

Dear Claire,
Thank you for your email to Dr Wollaston.

Due to Parliamentary protocol Sarah can only respond directly to her constituents and so I would be grateful if you could provide your full address to verify this.
Best wishes,
Catriona Rowen
Office of Dr Sarah Wollaston
MP for Totnes
House of Commons|London|SW1A 0AA
Tel: 0207 219 4064

My response:

Dear Catriona
I am not asking her this question as a constituent of hers nor am I a constituent of hers as I live in London. I am asking this question as a journalist and blogger and will know what inference to make if this question is further evaded.
Best wishes
Claire Khaw

My email to Sarah Wollaston and Peter Bone of 14 March 2010:

House of Commons Disqualification Bill: Sarah Wollaston refuses to say if she supports the Bill
It is my intention to name and shame MPs who do not have the courage of their convictions and seek to repeatedly evade questions that it does not suit them to answer.

It is of course disgraceful that she does not know what to think, what to say or what to do, and is even now hoping to ignore me in the hope that I will go away.

Claire Khaw

No comments:

Public order, public morality and public education

https://t.co/pgUwDUExiT — Real Vincent Bruno (@RealVinBruno) April 23, 2024 2:00  Denmark outlaws Koran-burning. https://www.samaa.tv/208735...