Translate

Tuesday 18 June 2013

A Jewish mother is what Nigella and Charles Saatchi need

friends say the couple appeared relaxed and normal in the days following the argument at Scott’s restaurant, even holding two dinner parties for family and friends at their London home.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/celebritynews/charles-saatchi-taking-caution-for-holding-nigellas-throat-was-better-than-it-hanging-over-all-of-us-8663235.html

if it's a 'playful tiff', what does a serious one look like?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jun/17/nigella-lawson-pictures

Whatever it is, Sooze, it is up to Nigella to decide to press charges, or not, as the case may be.

"Although Nigella made no complaint, I volunteered to go to Charing Cross station and take a police caution after a discussion with my lawyer because I thought it was better than the alternative of this hanging over all of us for months."

http://news.sky.com/story/1104943/saatchi-nigella-lawson-caution-was-best

Crikey. Charles Saatchi was in fact legally advised. Why on earth did he think the photos would go away after he took the caution????? They will be there to haunt him FOREVER!!!!

What is happening, even to supposedly clever rich Jewish people whom you think ought to know better?

I may be no Jewish mamma, but if Nigella were my daughter I would have sent her straight back to her husband to stand by him.  Even if she did intend to divorce him later, she should just stand by him for now to show herself to be a supportive wife doing her best to show solidarity with her husband.

If 70 year old Charles were my son and I was still in the land of the living with all my marbles in my head and not rolling all over the floor, I would have

(1)  told him not to take the caution and wait to see if his wife would pursue charges
(2)  made a discreet call to her dad Nigel to see if he did not agree with me that it would be a good thing if both our children stayed married to each other, on the whole, in the name of Jewish solidarity and all that.

Sorted.

Instead of being divorced by the media and public opinion.  Damn it, even if I were minded to divorce my husband, I would have stayed with him just to spite that SSM Suzanne Moore, Enemy of the British People ...

Ain't that sweet?  Charles and Nigella in happier times.  

If Nigella really doesn't want him any more then I suppose I could step in at a pinch, trained in the martial arts as I am.

 "a forceful Jewish woman who tries to control her life and the events around her", who is "intelligent, articulate, and aggressive", who does not passively accept life but tries to shape events, friends, and families, to match their visions of an ideal world.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_mother_stereotype#Development_in_20th-century_popular_culture

No comments:

Possession is nine points of the law from 1:34:00

1:34:00  I chime in. 1:37:00  The narrow and wide interpretation of racism 1:40:00  It is racist to say black people are good at sport and d...