Translate

Saturday 31 October 2015

Feminazis don't know the difference between a threat and an expression of opinion

Kate Smurthwaite
Hi, I’m writing an article, I’d like to talk to you, would that be possible? DM me. Kate
Oct 27

Claire Khaw
May I know what this article is about?
Oct 27

Kate Smurthwaite
People who send me abusive tweets. Any explanation as to why you do so?
Oct 28

Claire Khaw
I bet every single tweeter has received an abusive tweet at one time or another if they ever tweet about politics.
Oct 28

All I can find of any tweets from me to you is at https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3Antfem%20to%3ACruella1&src=typd and there are only two. I would not describe either as being "abusive".

What "abuse" do you remember receiving from me?

I am sure the worst I have ever been guilty of is saying things you disagree with. You really must get out of this "Me, me! I am a victim too" state of mind. This is not feminist liberation, it is reversion to type. Women tend to rely on their victimhood to get their way. It is another exercise of soft power.

The other kind is being so sweet and good and delicate and feminine that men just want instinctively to protect you.
Oct 28

Kate Smurthwaite
So when you've effectively threatened me with violence?
Oct 28

Claire Khaw
When have I ever threatened you with violence??

Do please tell me, in case I did ever threaten you with violence, and then, God forbid, FORGOTTEN ALL ABOUT IT. I like to think I would remember if I ever threatened you with violence and if I did actually threaten you with violence and then FORGOT ALL ABOUT IT, I need to get in touch with my memory doctor pronto!

No threats of violence in this tweet at


No threats of violence at https://twitter.com/cruella1/status/554007135978553344 either.


https://twitter.com/ntfem/status/521236074916753408

[Re Kate Smurthwaite's appearance on http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04m0mxh]


may be closer to your definition of violence, but expressing an opinion on a course of action one does not expect to be acted on by the government before we are both dead is not "threatening with violence"


is neither abusive nor violent.

Where and when will this article be published?
Oct 28

Kate Smurthwaite
And you really think that tweets like calling for me to be placed in a scold's bridle are not threatening or violent?
Oct 28

Claire Khaw
Yes, because it is not at all likely very likely that you are going to be put into one, is it?

For a threat of violence to count, it has to be CREDIBLE. How likely am I to change the government from what it is now to one that would put you in a scold's bridle on a scale of 1 out 100?
Oct 28

Kate Smurthwaite
Oh so unlikely threats of violence are ok? Do you not see that these sort of messages are still abusive?
Oct 29

Claire Khaw
 If I want to say things that others may find offensive, then I would have to accept the right of others to say things that I would find offensive. In any case, the police will only act on CREDIBLE THREATS of violence. It is the price of free speech we all have to pay, my dear.

I expressed only an OPINION, not an INTENTION. I am sure you are capable of distinguishing between the two. Abuse should be defined as "You are a %$£*&." Threats should take the form of "I will do X to you."  I merely expressed an OPINION that I neither intended to act upon or expected anyone to do so.

I suggest that this is how you categorise the tweets that offend you, into (1) OPINION YOU FIND OFFENSIVE, (2) THREATS or mere (3) ABUSE.

A curse - eg "I hope your children die of cancer" - is merely an expression of OPINION.


No comments:

Public order, public morality and public education

https://t.co/pgUwDUExiT — Real Vincent Bruno (@RealVinBruno) April 23, 2024 2:00  Denmark outlaws Koran-burning. https://www.samaa.tv/208735...