Translate

Friday 24 November 2017

It is a mistake to think civic nationalism has failed, when it has not even been tried



"I used to believe as long as we judge others as individuals, the world would become a better place regardless of our differences.

I used to believe collectivism was characteristic of the feeble-minded, unenlightened and possibly racist.

I used to believe immigrants to our country would assimilate to our culture if we just gave them the opportunity.

I used to be naïve about human nature; I used to be a civic nationalist and so I began to question this belief of mine. I began to question why only white countries have the moral obligation to live in this experimental diversity.

I began to question why Americans living in the land of the free were forbidden the freedom of association. [Why did no one white American protest against this infringement of their constitutional right? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_association#United_States_Constitution]

I began to question why the same groups of people that benefit from our country's altruism are allowed to collectivise in our borders in peace, yet any semblance of white collectivism is considered a form of supremacy.

I began to question why I have to morally justify the continuation of my people. I am no longer a civic nationalist. I am no longer a civic nationalist because demographic matters.

I am no longer a civic nationalist because in our majority white country, it's considered controversial just to say "It's OK to be white."

I am no longer a civic nationalist because if the United States were to close its borders tomorrow, whites will still become a minority in the next fifty years.

I am no longer a civic nationalist because in a world of collectivism, individualism is suicidal.

I am no longer a civic nationalist because I won't stand by as whites become minorities in their own homelands just so I can selfishly claim at the end of it all that at least I was an individualist.

And I have a dream that one day, whites will be equally permitted to live in their own countries as others do.

I am no longer a civic nationalist and I'm not sorry about it."




No comments:

Why God revealed the Torah to Jews of all people

https://t.co/a7RYQBZWpC — Real Vincent Bruno (@RealVinBruno) April 18, 2024 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organized_religion   9:00  Ahmadiy...